What We Do
A Few Words About What We Do & Why We Do It
We spread more music throughout the world via mostly free live performances and by supporting young aspiring musicians, who are music majors at an accredited college or university in the United States, with scholarships. We’ve given $135,000 in music scholarships to date. These scholarship recipients become our “Music Ambassadors” and share their music both in performance and by becoming music teachers.
We do it because, despite our differences (religiously, politically, ethincally & economically), Music has the power to bring us together. Music builds the invisible roads & bridges that connect our hearts & souls. More connections mean a better world for all of us. More music means a better world for all of us.
The MFH Scholarships:
Music for Humanity scholarships are designed to help students with a passion for music who need financial assistance to continue their musical education at an accredited college or university in the United States. Because we are a recognized 501c-3 charity your contribution is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. And because we are a 100% volunteer organization virtually all of your contribution will go into the scholarship fund. Students may apply online.
You can make an online donation by clicking the green icon or send a check to Music for Humanity at PO Box 359, Chester NY 10918.
Please contact us if you would like to include your name in a co-sponsored scholarship. Call 845-469-0900 or email email@example.com.
MFH FREE PERFORMANCE NIGHTS
On the 3rd Saturday of each month (for 11 years) we invite 2-3 outstanding local/regional performers to share their music (both originals & covers). We invite the public for free and ask for donations. If you’re feeling “financially stressed” please join us for free and let the music fill your heart & soul… it will. If you can make a donation it’s like enjoying your music twice, first when you hear it and again when your donation helps a young aspiring musician complete their education. We post the MFH Free Performances on our YouTube channel. To see them & be notified whenever we post, please subscribe to our channel here.
Wanted: Free Performance Night Organizers
We are seeking organizers to start MFH Free Performance Nights in your city or town!
This is a part time volunteer position. See organizer qualifications before you inquire.
(Possible paid position in the future)
- A musician, music industry professional or a music lover.
- Past experience organizing an event involving multiple performers/presenters.
- Currently have contact with the music world and musicians either via business or academia.
- Able to commit for 1 full year. Organize one event each month for 12 consecutive months. Once the venue is established, time required will be about 10 hours per month including the performance night.
- Computer and writing skills to manage an email list, send out notifications and recaps, contact potential performers, develop marketing efforts and engage social media like Facebook.
- A digital camera and the knowledge to take photos/videos and upload them to the MFH site, Facebook, Youtube…
- Speaking skills to be the MC of the event to introduce the musicians and also to tell the audience about MFH’s mission and effectively ask for donations.
- Negotiating skills to find a venue that will provide space without paying any rent or for a percentage of the donations. Potential venues are existing music halls, coffee houses, night clubs, public buildings, house of worship, even a private home (must have a minimum seating capacity of 40).
There are great rewards in bringing together musicians and music lovers to benefit humanity. We provide guidance, access to talent, marketing input and start up expenses. You do the leg work and benefit from a great positive experience. Plus it could turn into some income for you!
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.